Whitney W. Mallam has been a practicing attorney in Niagara Falls for over 40 years. He has served both on community boards and as volunteer for several organizations.
Whitney's Great, Great, Great Grandfather is Parkhurst Whitney who came to Niagara Falls in 1810. Mr. Whitney was one of the owners of the Cataract House. The hotel was located right on the bank of the Niagara River by the Falls. Under his ownership, it became the largest hotel in Niagara Falls at the time. Mr. Whitney's wife, Cylinda, traces her roots to the Mayflower in 1620. The Three Sister Islands are named in honor of Mr. & Mrs. Whitney's daughters. Little Brother Island is named after their son. Both Parkhurst and Cylinda are buried in Oakwood Cemetery, as are their children and grandchildren.
Mr. Mallam resides in Lewiston, NY.